Rambles of One Windborn(e)

from EDWARD WATERS, Bard of the Grey Wind

My Photo
Name:

Poet, singer-songwriter, essayist, aphorist. BA in English Literature (1980); Master of Divinity (1991). Married in 1980 to Cindy ('My best friend and the love of my life'). Itinerant work of music and speaking spanned four decades, ranging over most of the length of the U.S. eastern seaboard and to England. Has composed over 90 songs. Released first recorded collection, The Thing That Matters, in 1988. This and more recent selections may be heard online at Edward's primary website, Bard of the Grey Wind, also containing some of his general writing and poetry. Partial to ancient and mediaeval literature and history; Shakespeare; etymology; legend and folklore; and the lives, works, and scholarship of British authors associated with the Inklings circle. Enjoys early and Baroque music, 'period' films, family evenings of reading aloud, and (particularly during autumn and winter) walking in the woods and mountains. Also has devout views on the proper preparation of a decent cup of tea.

26 May 2007

Assured

I'll Take Care of You
A Song by Edward Waters
(Copyright © September 1976)


With My hands you were created,
With My breath you were animated,
And throughout Heaven you were celebrated!
Why wonder then what I'll do?
Know that I'll take care of you.

I died to wash away your past,
I rose to give you new life that would last,
And now I want your faith to stand steadfast.
So be at peace: My word is true.
Yes, I'll take care of you.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and brave!
Do not tremble, neither be dismayed;
For the Lord your God is with you everywhere you go.*

My love is never-ending;
My heart is understanding;
And so, whatever there may be impending,
Rest assured that I'll see you through.
Yes, I'll take care of you.

Trust I will
take care of you.
My child, I will
take care of you.
Peace. Be still.


* Joshua 1.9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counter